Like most homeowners, you probably have lots of plans for your basement that you more than likely have put off for a while. But, when you hear about these 3 creative ideas for finishing your basement, you’ll surely want to start yourtoday!
Tips & Ideas for Finishing Your Basement
Paint Your Basement Ceiling
When you’re renovating a space, most of the focus will go on the walls, floors, and items you’ll want to add. But don’t discount the benefits of painting your basement ceiling!
Two popular choices are black and white. A drywalled white ceiling can help make your basement seem brighter and create an open feel to it. An unfinished black ceiling helps cover anyand utilities you don’t want to draw attention to, which also makes the ceiling height appear higher.
Of course, you can experiment with colors and paint the ceiling in any shade you want! Just think of your overall design and choose something that can complement it nicely.
Give Your Basement a Purpose
The basement can either be the place where you store a few items and never go into, or it can be a room with a purpose. Think of your needs and give your basement space a new role, such as:
- Home office – Do you need to work from home but can’t focus with all the ruckus upstairs? Then you turn your basement into an office and make sure you have a great place to concentrate and be creative and productive right at home!
- Home gym – If you just can’t make it to your gym to work out, you’ll only need a few pieces of equipment to get your home gym started! Adding a treadmill or an upright bike is a great place to start, but you can build your home gym in any way you like.
- Game room – Want to have a room in your house that’s dedicated to fun and games? No problem! Use your basement space to store all your board games and video games, maybe add a pool table and bring your friends and family together for an enhanced game night.
- Multimedia room – The basement is perhaps one of the best places in your home to build your movie theater or multimedia center.
Add Some Egress Windows
Egress windows don’t just bring light into the basement – they have an important safety role, as they must be large enough to allow an adult to easily climb in and out of. It’s an essential safety add-on that can also help:
- Improve the ventilation in your basement
- Brighten up the place
- Even add an extra layer of style and design
Basement Remodeling from Renovation By Design
Use these 3 creative basement renovation ideas to finally give this area in your home a brand-new life! The basement can be an integral part of your home if you make it so.
Connect with our Oakland County basement remodelers at (248) 260-7639 to get your project started. We offer a complimentary showroom consultation so you can start planning your basement renovation with our designers. Contact us here to learn more!